Speech and language pathology is the study of human communication disorders. Speech and language pathologists assess, diagnose and treat children and adults with a wide range of communication disorders including speech, language, voice disorders and swallowing difficulties, both developmental and acquired. Clearly the scope of this profession has evolved and is not limited to management of speech and language disorder.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to work professionally as a Speech and Language Pathologist in a wide variety of fields, nationally and internationally, including schools, community health centers, hospitals, rehabilitation units, nursing homes, private practice and specialist disability services. You could also take on academic and research roles.
With the current shortage of speech pathologists in Pakistan, your job prospects are strong. Speech pathologists are particularly required in the fields of education, pediatrics and disability services.
- Public & Private Schools
- Rehabilitation centers
- Access to international journals & research
- Short and long-term nursing care facilities
- Community clinics
- Colleges and universities
- Private practice clinics
- State and federal government agencies
- Home health agencies (home care)
- Adult day care centers
- Centers for persons with developmental disabilities
- Research laboratories
- Other relevant fields
RCRS admits 20 students in BS-SLP, per year, from all over Pakistan. The admissions will be based on merit through Admission Committee of RCRS in accordance with the policies laid down by Khyber Medical University. The candidates are required to apply online on the prescribed application form.
- Applicants who have passed HSSC or equivalent qualification and holding Pakistani CNIC/ Form-B/ Authenticated International Resident status (as per policy).
- Applicants must have passed HSSC (Pre-medical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent (as per policy).
- Applicants who have taken A-level exams / other equivalent exams, must submit an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad or regional Offices with the application form.
- Eligibility criteria may change subject to regulatory authority policy.
Scheme of Study
- The admission to the Rehabilitation Sciences Programmes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit in the waiting list will be admitted against such vacant seat
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- Interview: 10%
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents and interview is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per institutions’ past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy notified from time to time