Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a five-year degree programme, which provides the required education and training necessary for graduates to embark on a professional career in physical therapy.
The DPT degree is classified as a level 6 qualification according to National Qualification Framework (NQF) of Pakistan.
We at Rehman College of Rehabilitation Sciences are dedicated to a student centered programme that promotes academic excellence through enriched curriculum, in line with curriculum of Khyber Medical University that is approved by the national curriculum review committee of HEC.
The DPT programme has contextual foundational background in biological, biomechanical and psychological sciences that are assimilated in logical and scientific manner. The clinical rotation in Rehman College of Rehabilitation Sciences is scheduled in the advanced years of the degree which provides valuable clinical exposure and experience to DPT students. RCRS is known to provide state of the art clinical facilities in Pakistan.
Physical Therapists practice as independent practitioners, as well as members of the health care team with patients of different ages who have or may develop impairments of body functions and structures, activity limitations and participation restrictions. Their services help in the restoration, maintenance and promotion of function, related but not limited to conditions of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, gynecological and integumentary systems.
The scope of physical therapy practice is dynamic and continuously evolving. It is not limited to direct patient/ client care, but also includes community services, public health planning, administration, teaching, policy making, and curriculum development.
Physical therapists are working in various public and private organizations that includes hospitals, academic institutes, community centers, industries, sports boards, NGOs. American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) categorizes the following specialties as part of the professional organization of physical therapy:
- Education and Teaching
- Health Policy and Administration
- Private Practice
- Acute care
- Pain management
- Clinical electro and wound management
- Sports Physical therapy
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy
- Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Physical Training and Fitness clubs
RCRS admits 50 students in DPT, from all over Pakistan. The admissions will be based on merit through Admission Committee of RCRS in accordance with the policies laid down by Khyber Medical University. The candidates are required to apply online on the prescribed application form.
- Applicants who have passed HSSC or equivalent qualification and holding Pakistani CNIC/ Form-B/ Authenticated International Resident status (as per policy).
- Applicants must have passed HSSC (Pre-medical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent (as per policy).
- Applicants who have taken A-level exams/ other equivalent exams, must submit an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad or regional offices with the application form.
- Eligibility criteria may change subject to regulatory authority policy.
Scheme of Study
- The admission to the Rehabilitation Sciences Programmes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be admitted against such vacant seat
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- Interview: 10%
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents and interview is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2023 – 24 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per institutions’ past practices, scholarship will be offered as per policy notified from time to time