Speech and language pathology is the study of human communication disorders. Speech and language pathologists assess, diagnose and treat children and adults with a wide range of communication disorders including speech, language, voice disorders and swallowing difficulties, both developmental and acquired. Clearly the scope of this profession has evolved and is not limited to management of speech and language disorder.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to work professionally as a Speech and Language Pathologist in a wide variety of fields, nationally and internationally, including schools, community health centers, hospitals, rehabilitation units, nursing homes, private practice and specialist disability services. You could also take on academic and research roles.
With the current shortage of speech pathologists in Pakistan, your job prospects are strong. Speech pathologists are particularly required in the fields of education, pediatrics and disability services.
- Public & Private Schools
- Rehabilitation centers
- Access to international journals & research
- Short and long-term nursing care facilities
- Community clinics
- Colleges and universities
- Private practice clinics
- State and federal government agencies
- Home health agencies (home care)
- Adult day care centers
- Centers for persons with developmental disabilities
- Research laboratories
- Other relevant fields
RCRS admits 20 students in BS-SLP, per year, from all over Pakistan. The admissions will be based on merit through Admission Committee of RCRS in accordance with the policies laid down by Khyber Medical University. The candidates are required to apply online on the prescribed application form.
- Applicants who have passed HSSC or equivalent qualification and holding Pakistani CNIC/ Form-B/ Authenticated International Resident status (as per policy).
- Applicants must have passed HSSC (Pre-medical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent (as per policy).
- Applicants who have taken A-level exams / other equivalent exams, must submit an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad or regional Offices with the application form.
- Eligibility criteria may change subject to regulatory authority policy.
Scheme of Study