Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a five-year degree program, which provides the required education and training necessary for graduates to embark on a professional career in physical therapy.
The DPT degree is classified as a level 6 qualification according to National Qualification Framework (NQF) of Pakistan.
We at Rehman College of Rehabilitation Sciences are dedicated to a student centered program that promotes academic excellence through enriched curriculum, in line with curriculum of Khyber Medical University that is approved by the national curriculum review committee of HEC.
The DPT program has contextual foundational background in biological, biomechanical and psychological sciences that are assimilated in logical and scientific manner. The clinical rotation in Rehman College of Rehabilitation Sciences is scheduled in the advanced years of the degree which provides valuable clinical exposure and experience to DPT students. RCRS is known to provide state of the art clinical facilities in Pakistan.
Physical Therapists practice as independent practitioners, as well as members of the health care team with patients of different ages who have or may develop impairments of body functions and structures, activity limitations and participation restrictions. Their services help in the restoration, maintenance and promotion of function, related but not limited to conditions of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, gynecological and integumentary systems.
The scope of physical therapy practice is dynamic and continuously evolving. It is not limited to direct patient/ client care, but also includes community services, public health planning, administration, teaching, policy making, and curriculum development.
Physical therapists are working in various public and private organizations that includes hospitals, academic institutes, community centers, industries, sports boards, NGOs. American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) categorizes the following specialties as part of the professional organization of physical therapy:
- Education and Teaching
- Health Policy and Administration
- Private Practice
- Acute care
- Pain management
- Clinical electro and wound management
- Sports Physical therapy
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy
- Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Physical Training and Fitness clubs
RCRS admits 50 students in DPT, from all over Pakistan. The admissions will be based on merit through Admission Committee of RCRS in accordance with the policies laid down by Khyber Medical University. The candidates are required to apply online on the prescribed application form.
- Applicants who have passed HSSC or equivalent qualification and holding Pakistani CNIC/ Form-B/ Authenticated International Resident status (as per policy).
- Applicants must have passed HSSC (Pre-medical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent (as per policy).
- Applicants who have taken A-level exams/ other equivalent exams, must submit an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) Islamabad or regional offices with the application form.
- Eligibility criteria may change subject to regulatory authority policy.
Scheme of Study